Sunday, September 11, 2011

What Brand Am I?



                                                               

Defining yourself as a brand is not something I have ever thought to do nor is it necessarily easy.  I would not consider myself a frequent shopper and I have rarely been loyal to a specific brand.  After brainstorming I have decided REI is a brand that most nearly reflects my personality.  I have been involved with camping and backpacking for many years now, and REI is the first place I would go if I were searching for equipment or supplies. 
       One of the greatest things about REI is they are straightforward and direct with their goals.  Since the beginning, when the store started with 23 mountain climbing friends they have always had the same goal of providing the best outdoor equipment while protecting the planet.  I like to think I am a straightforward, simple man myself.  I am not a fan of uncertainty and I like when people can get to the point.  If an REI product breaks or is damaged from excessive use the company always replaces the product with a new one.  Although their products are very durable and high quality, they understand things can break especially when you sell products that are to be used when outdoors seeking adventure.
REI is obviously very passionate about the environment.  I appreciate their dedication to being environmentally conscious as I do my best to perform little acts to save our Earth.  Every year REI donates millions of dollars to support conservation efforts worldwide.  They have a team of dedicated volunteers and store members that truly represent the company well.
       The volunteers, members and staff could more or less be considered a family.  They are a tight knit community that loves to share their passion for the outdoors.  Online, where you can share stories and connect with other individuals and in the store, REI provides a friendly, at home atmosphere.  I am a very family oriented man and I value my upbringing.  Obviously I cannot compare the REI community to the loving bond I share with my family but as far as a company can relate, they do a wonderful job.
              Through REI tip videos on their website a consumer can recognize the true culture of the company.  They are passionate about their work and show dedication to their products far more than other corporations. It is amazing how many people will volunteer their time to work for an organization.


REI VIDEOS

       While I love the outdoors and look for any opportunity to seek adventure I believe REI would be the closest brand to represent my personality.  I will continue to support the company and if you have never checked out the store you should stop in sometime.

Use the store locator to find out the closest REI: 



No comments:

Post a Comment