Monday, October 10, 2011

The Magic of Giving



The Peruvian Cancer Society sends a powerful message with this advertisement.  When I saw this commercial for the first time, I did not know what to expect.  As the street performer shows off his tricks, I was intrigued to view what the commercial was advertising.  
This commercial was shown to my Multicultural Public Relations & Advertising class by a woman who studied advertising in Peru.  This advertisement is simple, which is why I believe it is effective.  There are no words spoken yet the music helps send the message the Peruvian Cancer Society is trying to get across.  The commercial is filmed in black and white, which compliments the emotional appeal. 
There is no magical cure for cancer, however I believe this organization is displaying that with support, commitment and donation they can fight the fatal disease.  The Peruvian Cancer Society can bring smiles to their patients’ faces.  I can only hope one day in the future it will be this easy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment